Fantastic, privately owned fishing lakes
If fishing is your passion, the best log cabin holiday lettings are perfect for you.
The Best Log Cabin is set on it’s own private lake known as Big Segdey Lake. Guests have exclusive use of this lake for the duration of their stay. Catfish up to 55lbs and Carp up to 26lbs.
Kingfisher Wagons is lakeside and benefits from the ability to fish from your own private decking. Carp 20lbs +.
Windmill Cabin is set lakeside and benefits from the ability to fish from your own private decking. Carp 26lbs +.
Apple Tree Cottage is just a short walk from the water. Guests are able to fish in the waters of the Hut on the Lake, Kingfisher Wagons and Windmill Cabin (there are allocated swims and are available by arrangement).
Our lakes are private meaning you can fish in peace without needing to worry that you will be surrounded by other people anglers.
LOOKING FOR A GROUP FISHING BREAK?
If you would like to use of all of our fishing lakes at once, we can offer group bookings for the purpose of fishing, sleeping up to 21 people. Please contact us directly to enquire.
Please note, fishing equipment is not provided.
If you plan on fishing during your stay, we ask that you please respect the lake and our fish by respecting the following rules.
- Anglers must have a valid rod license.
- Only barbless hooks are permitted.
- Anglers must attend their rods at all times. No rods to be left unattended overnight.
- No keep nets may be used and no fish are to be kept in any containers whatsoever.
- You must ensure that you have the correct equipment including a landing matt and a large landing net when fishing for catfish. Very strong tackle is recommended.
- Make sure all litter is removed from where you are fishing to prevent injury to wildlife
- Please return all fish to the water as soon as possible after being caught and without delay.
- Handle all fish with care and do not lift them more than 18 inches above the ground.
- Bait boats are permitted.