Last updated: April 11, 2019
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between the “Best Log Cabin Limited” (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) under the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract.
- Listed below are our terms and conditions on which we supply the accommodation to you.
Best Log Cabin Limited are the owners of the property.
- Please make sure that you have read these terms and conditions carefully and check your details on the booking form before submitting your booking. If you have made a mistake or require changes, please contact us to discuss. We will confirm in writing any changes agreed.
- When you submit the booking form to us, this does not mean we have accepted your order for accommodation.
- If we are unable to supply you with the accommodation, we will advise you of this in writing and will not process the booking.
- These terms will become binding on you and us when we issue you with an acceptance of the booking at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If any of these terms conflict with the booking, the booking take priority.
- If we take a booking over the phone or in person then these terms apply.
- The booking is for two people over the age of eighteen, unless a prior arrangement is discussed and agreed.
- You promise to arrive and leave the property at the dates and times in the booking (unless you notify us and we agree the same in advance).
- Your accommodation will not be available at any time outside of the times reserved to you.
- We reserve the right to make a reasonable additional charge in the event that you have not left the property by the agreed departure time.
- Our photographs used on the website are for illustrative purposes and are subject to change.
- The activities listed are outside of our control and are not supplied by us. If you wish to visit or carry out any activity it is recommended to book with the relevant provider.
CHANGES TO BOOKING OR TERMS
- We may revise these terms from time to time for the following:
- How we accept payment from you.
- Changes in law and regulatory requirements.
- If we have to revise these terms we will give you at least fourteen days written notice of any changes to these terms before they take effect.
- You may choose to cancel the accommodation in accordance with the contract.
- You may request to change a booking to the accommodation.
- Any changes are at the discretion of us.
- May incur an administration charge of £20 (inclusive of VAT)
- Any change that incurs additional costs will be notified in writing. If you do not wish to accept the additional costs then the booking will remain as was originally booked.
- You may wish to cancel a booking but it is in accordance with the conditions as listed below.
ACCOMMODATION AND RESTRICTIONS
- We will supply the Accommodation to you for the period set out in the booking.
- We will make every effort to make the Accommodation available to you on time. However, there may be delays to this due to an event outside of our control.
- If you do not pay us for the accommodation within the set timescales. Access to the accommodation will not be permitted.
- Pets are only permitted in the property if specified in the booking form.
- Additional charges apply to pets-these will be notified.
- Smoking is prohibited at the property.
- You shall take proper care of the property and its contents during your stay at the accommodation and the cautionary deposit may be retained and/or you will receive an invoice for any damage caused or loss suffered if the property and contents are not left in the same in which it is found at the beginning of your stay at the accommodation.
We welcome up to 2 well behaved pets in all our Holiday Cottages but are happy to discuss more with you. Please bring bedding and towels for your pet. Please do not allow your pet on any furniture, or in bedrooms – we thank you for your understanding. We can provide extra towels should you require them. We ask owners not to leave pets alone in the cottages (as they can get upset and howl) or off the lead outside of your garden and not to let them damage or foul any part of the property or gardens.
Subject to availability and prior notice, dog walking can be arranged for an additional charge.
All hot tubs are emptied, cleaned and refilled after each stay, therefore the hot tubs may not be up to temperature until late evening / early next morning.
Some properties have hot tubs and to ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tubs we request that you read through and adhere to the rules of this safety document.
- We do not advise use of the hot tub during pregnancy, please contact your doctor for advice before entering the water.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their doctor.
- Never use the hot tub while using or after using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise/lower blood pressure.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- At 39-40°C limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water.
- Never use the hot tub alone.
- Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Never use glass near/in the hot tub.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near/in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub please contact a member of our team at the earliest convenient moment.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- Wash with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Washing before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams etc which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Never allow children to use the spa or hot tub unsupervised and when not in use, make sure the cover is on and secured.
- Do not sit or walk on the hot tub cover.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Take care on the decking/hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists contact reception or go to a local doctor or A&E.
- Do not turn hot tub isolation switch off as the hot tub’s power needs to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles.
- If for any reason beyond our control the hot tub is not available, guests will be entitled to £30 per night compensation, providing any damage to the hot tub has not been caused by the guests.
Note to parents and hot tub users
It is your responsibility to enforce the rules of safety within the house hot tub. When you book in to the cottage we will refer you to the hot tub safety document and this will give you further info on safety whilst using the hot tub, the document is in the Information Folder in your house.
The life and health of you, your family and friends are important. Please practice safety and supervise your hot tub.
Please note – To comply with HSE regulations the hot tub water is checked twice per day.
You agree not to act in any way which might cause disturbance to any neighbouring properties. If we consider that you have behaved anti-socially, irresponsibly, or have caused significant damage to the property or the property of others, we are entitled to terminate your let immediately without a refund.
- A deposit is required to be paid by you in respect of damage to the property, damage to or loss of contents or keys and also excessive or incorrect use of facilities.
- We will confirm to you the amount of cautionary deposit to be paid. This will be paid seven days prior to the start of your stay.
- If the deposit payment is not received in cleared funds at least seven days before the start of your stay, we reserve the right to cancel your accommodation and terminate the contract.
- We reserve the right to invoice you in order to recover reasonable costs if the deposit paid under this clause is insufficient to repair or replace any damage caused to the property or its contents during your accommodation stay.
- We will assess the property after your accommodation stay and will:
- Provide you with a refund of the deposit made under this clause or:
- Will inform you of the amount to be retained and refund the remainder or:
- Inform you of the amount to be further charged or a combination of the above at our discretion.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the accommodation will be set out at the time of booking and at the time we confirm your booking.
- Payments may be made by debit card, credit card or bank transfer. Banks transfers must be in cleared funds by the deadlines for payment as set out in this agreement.
- Any bank or transfer charges shall be borne by you.
- Payment may only be made in the currency as shown in the booking.
- Where VAT is chargeable , it is included in the sums given. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of booking and the date of delivery, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay unless you have already paid in full for the accommodation before the change of VAT occurs.
- You must pay a minimum deposit of 30% of the total cost of accommodation at the time you place your booking and the balance of the price at least six weeks before the start date for the accommodation, Unless The start date of the accommodation is less than six weeks from the date of the booking, in which case the full balance of the price must be paid at the time you place the booking.
- If you fail to pay the balance of the cost of your accommodation upon request and before the commencement of the accommodation we may cancel your accommodation and terminate this contract. In these circumstance your rights to a refund are set out.
- You confirm that you are over the age of 18.
Our Liability to you
- We are not responsible for any transport and/or alternative accommodation.
- We only supply the accommodation for domestic and private use.
- You agree not to use for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose.
- We have no liability to you for loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- We have no responsibility or liability to you for loss of or damage to any of your items, belongings or vehicles, however caused.
Events outside of our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failures to perform, or a delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms that are caused by an event outside of our control.
- An event outside of our control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, power networks or water supplies, local building works or roadworks, transport interruptions, delays or cancellations.
- If an event outside of our control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under these terms:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you, and:
- Our obligations under these terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside of our control. Where the event outside of our control affects our performance of accommodation to you, we will restsart the accommodation as soon as reasonably possible after the event outside our control is over.
- You may cancel the contract if an event outside of our control takes place and you no longer wish for us to provide the accommodation. Please see your cancellation rights. We will only cancel the contract if the event outside of our control lasts longer than 1 week in accordance with our cancellation rights.
Your rights to cancel
- You may cancel a booking for accommodation up to 6 weeks before the start date for the accommodation by contacting us in writing with a copy of your invoice/booking confirmation.
- We will confirm your cancellation in writing to you.
- If you cancel the booking upto six weeks before the start date for the accommodation, the deposit made at the time of booking will not be refunded to you. Any additional deposit made will be refunded.
- Where you have cancelled a booking because of our failure to comply with these terms or we change the terms and you choose to cancel the contract (except where we have been affected by events outside of our control) you do not have to make payment to us.
- If you cancel a booking for accommodation less than six weeks prior to the start date for the accommodation and we are unable to offer the accommodation to another party we reserve the right to invoice you for an amount up to 100% of the cost of the accommodation as outlined in the booking.
- Once we have begun to provide the accommodation to you, you may only cancel the contract for the accommodation by giving us written notice if:
- We break the contract in any material way;
- Or we go into liquidation or a receiver or an administrator is appointed over our assets;
- Or we change these terms and conditions and elect to cancel the contract;
- Or we are affected by an event outside of our control.
Our rights to cancel and applicable refunds
- We may have to cancel a booking before the start date for the accommodation, due to an event outside of our control or the unavailability of key staff or key materials without which we could not offer the accommodation. We will contact you if this happens.
- If we have to cancel a booking as detailed above and you have made any payments in advance for the accommodation that has not been provided to you, we will refund these amounts to you.
- If we are unable to provide the accommodation to you we may cancel the booking and shall refund any fees paid to us in accordance with the booking.
- We may cancel the contract for the accommodation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if:
- You do not pay us within the timescales set out;
- You break the contract in any other material way.
As a consumer you have legal rights in relation to Accommodation not offered to you with reasonable skill and attention or if the materials that we use are faulty or not as described. Advice is available from your local citizens advice bureau or trading standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
If you need any additional information, have a question about your booking, or would like to book direct please contact us.